Freeport, IL 61032 US
Hours - Mon-Thurs 6am-3pm Fri - 6am - 2pm Sat - when required - 6am-11am
Payrate - $22.00 based on experience
Position is responsible for maintaining building and production equipment in good working order.
The maintenance technician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
• Install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
• Perform preventative maintenance inspections
• Read and interpret electrical drawings equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
• Working knowledge of electrical, mechanical and hydraulic systems
• Operate variety of PIV’s
• Strong mechanical aptitude.
• Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
• Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
• Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
• Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
• Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
• Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
• Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
• Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Perform plant maintenance as directed by Supervisor.
• Expert level knowledge of LOTO, Hazcom, Bloodborne, Forklift, PPE, Machine Guarding, PIV, Confined Space and Environmental procedures.
• Working knowledge of pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical, electronics and PLC controls.
• Work closely with all management and hourly personnel
• Maintain work order system
• Perform Preventative Maintenance on building systems and production equipment.
o Train Operators to safely and effectively perform Operator level PM.
• Maintain accurate inventory of spare parts and make recommendations.
o Identify OEM and aftermarket replacement parts
• Maintain a clean and orderly workplace
• Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Working knowledge of Computer systems and their application
• Promote a safe work environment
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Basic math skills
• Ability to use precision measuring tools.
• Ability to work in a safe and consistent manner.
Minimum Required Experience or Education:
• High school diploma/GED and completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and production maintenance experience
• An AA degree in mechanical, electrical or industrial maintenance is a plus
• 4+ years of manufacturing experience; strong hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and industrial skills with PLC experience