CNC Horizontal Milling Machinist
Rockford, IL 61103 US
Program, set-up and operate CNC controlled horizontal milling machines.
Job Functions: Verifies that all product produced meets blueprint specifications and is in accordance with Company quality standards.
- Set-up and/or operate machine or multiple machines as required.
- Work with tight tolerances (+ .001).
- Working knowledge of GD&T.
- Possess higher programming knowledge of CNC horizontal Milling Centers.
- Ability to perform complete set-ups for long- and short-term production.
- Ability to read, write and edit G code programs.
- Ability to analyze job orders, blueprints, specification and design data to calculate dimension, tool selection and machine speeds.
- Work with more complex tooling.
- Accurately complete first and last piece inspection according to company procedure.
- Provide assistance to co-workers as needed, in the spirit of teamwork, with the goal of meeting or exceeding customer requirements.
- Support and promote the team environment.
- Meet and/or exceed all production and quality standards.
- All other duties as assigned by supervision.
Education/Training: High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Experience/Skills: Experience reading and following blueprints and proven knowledge and usage of appropriate measuring devices. Minimum 3 years of horizontal machine operating experience or related experience. Minimum 1 year reading, editing and writing Fanuc controls.
For more information, please call Melissa @ 815-997-1442
Meet Your Recruiter
Year Started: 2020
I wanted to be an elementary school art teacher when I grew up.
“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.” – Mother Theresa
What do you enjoy most about your work?
I enjoy matching the right people with the best opportunities.