Rockford, IL 61109 US
- Design of custom gearboxes to meet customer specifications.
- Makes calculations required to determine gear ratios, speeds and capacities.
- Prepares layout drawings, parts lists and detailed drawings including all required fits, dimensions and section views.
- Define assembly sequence by preparation of a “ Balloon” drawing.
- Participates in meetings with personnel from Engineering, Manufacturing and Sales departments to discuss and review design requirements and problems.
- Maintain print files.
- Issue print(s) to Manufacturing.
- Design fixtures for parts for production and create models to support CAM software.
- Aide in the development of quotes.
- Performs related functions as requested.
- Communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Knowledgeable in Gear Design and gear load calculations
- Ability to work with all members of the organization as a team.
- Ability to organize and manage own time with minimal input from management.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Apply Basic Engineering Principles.
- Apply Drafting/Mechanical Drawing Knowledge and Techniques
- Apply Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerances.
- Create Service Manuals
- Understand Manufacturing Methods and Techniques.
- Use of Computer Aided Design/Drafting Software (Solidworks).
- Use MS Excel and Word software.
Meet Your Recruiter
Year Started: 2020
I wanted to be an elementary school art teacher when I grew up.
“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.” – Mother Theresa
What do you enjoy most about your work?
I enjoy matching the right people with the best opportunities.