Electrical Design Engineer
Rockford, IL 61109 US
The Electrical Design Engineer is a critical function in the Ingenium organization, responsible for a variety of aerospace electro-mechanical motion control products and actuation systems. This position requires design experience with electro-mechanical actuators, preferably for the aerospace or similar highly regulated industry that requires design for harsh conditions.
This position may be filled at either a junior or senior level. It is a multi-functional position, so the candidate must be comfortable with performing multiple, often dissimilar, tasks. The candidate must also be highly adaptable to change in daily activities and must also be a strong hand-on designer with broad engineering knowledge.
· Provide engineering inputs for conceptual trade studies and detailed proposal efforts.
· Contribute to the creation of detailed models and layouts/concepts for new applications.
· Participate in aspects of product design, including checking review/approve detailed piece part drawings including but not limited to: Standards Compliance, Producibility, Tolerance Studies, Stress, Reliability, Material Selection and Thermal Studies.
· Contribute to the creation of reliability studies, fault trees, FMECA’s, system safety and hazard assessment, etc.
· Act in the capacity of an engineering technical liaison and support to manufacturing, assembly, test equipment, suppliers, and customers.
· Support electromechanical and mechanical test equipment for each product application.
· The candidate must be hands on and willing to work in the shop environment to build prototypes and support production issues.
· Help to oversee the day-to-day activities and schedules for outside services related to design, drafting and analysis. This includes defining the scope of work and oversee the effort of ME technical specialists (drafting, materials engineering, stress analysis, dynamic analysis, etc.).
· Assist in the evaluation of compliance to all technical customer requirements.
· Help to create and strengthen our design standards, PDM vault administration and aerospace configuration management practices.
· Engage with our customers as needed.
· Assist in executing and creating certification plans and testing documentation such as ATP’s, ATR’s, QTP’s, QTR’s, V&V, Compliance Matrices, Etc.
· Help drive efforts to achieve cost to produce targets, this includes cost reduction opportunities on existing programs.
· Help to further develop, document, and modernize our current analysis tools.
· Help to ensure new designs consider reuse of parts currently in inventory.
· All other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
· B.S. in Electrical Engineering.
· 5 years minimum directly applicable experience.
· Broad knowledge of several related engineering disciplines, such as reliability & maintainability, quality systems, and basic control systems theory.
· Experience with electrical design and troubleshooting electro-mechanical designs.
· Direct experience with SolidWorks and SolidWorks PDM.
· Direct experience with PSPICE, PowerSim, or similar.
· Strong analytical background.
· Strong written and oral communications skills.
· Knowledge of Aerospace Military and FAA design requirements.
· Familiarity with common manufacturing processes and methods.
· U.S. Citizen Only (No Dual Citizenship).
Physical Requirements and Visual Demands:
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with impairments to perform the essential functions.
· The office environment is considered normal. Temperature and noise levels in the plants require regular use of personal protective equipment.
· While performing the duties of this job, the associate is frequently required to talk, hear, and use hands to type on keyboard. Specific vision abilities required by this job include vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
· An associate must have the ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
For more details, please call Melissa @ 815-997-1442
Meet Your Recruiter
Year Started: 2020
I wanted to be an elementary school art teacher when I grew up.
“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.” – Mother Theresa
What do you enjoy most about your work?
I enjoy matching the right people with the best opportunities.