Electrical Maintenance Technician
Cherry Valley, IL 61016 US
This position sets up initial connections, troubleshoots, verifies, and accurately documents electrical components used in furnace builds per prints and schematics. Ensures electrical components work effectively prior to shipping product to customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Safely inspects large two door control cabinets while power is on utilizing electrical prints.
• Sets up power control units, temperature controllers, chart recorders, temperature switches and VFDs.
• Timely sends out electrical meters for calibration and records certifications
• Read and provide timely replies to supplier and intercompany emails
• Complete purchase requisitions
• Compile data, create job folders and use the collected data to process orders accurately
• Maintain all required ISO forms pertaining to Quality Control
• Ensure proper cross-reference sales orders and bills of materials while processing orders.
• Perform inspection of new parts, program new parts, assure matching quantities based off bill of material and create packing slip
• Work with engineering, production control, project management, and shipping to resolve issues
• Adheres to company policies and procedures in regard to safety, attendance and tardiness.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Possess strong attention to detail, accurately maintaining records and files
• Ability to read and understand electrical prints
• Ability to use a voltmeter
• Possess strong math skills including ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
• Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to safely and confidently work with 480/120-volt AC & 24-volt DC
• Possess strong computer skills including MS Office
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• Advanced education or related technical training beyond high school is strongly preferred.
• Prior experience working with and troubleshooting electrical systems is required.
• Prior experience working in industrial maintenance capacity strongly desired.
The demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Regularly required to sit and use hands and finger dexterity.
2. Occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch and reach with hands and arms.
3. Occasionally required to lift up to 40 pounds.
4. Regularly requires close vision, hearing and talking.
5. Exposure to moderate noise level while in office.
6. Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts
For more details, please call Melissa @ 815-997-1442
Meet Your Recruiter
Year Started: 2020
I wanted to be an elementary school art teacher when I grew up.
“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.” – Mother Theresa
What do you enjoy most about your work?
I enjoy matching the right people with the best opportunities.