Inspector / Machinist
Rockford, IL 61105 US
- Able to read and interpret blueprints.
- Utilize inspection equipment to validate parts to print. CMM, Micrometers (ID/OD), Hardness testers, indicators, gage blocks, go/nogo gages, RA tester, other inspection tools.
- Communicate non-conforming issues.
- Work and interact with a variety of personnel. (Production Manager, Machinists, and Engineers)
- Keep Inspection records of tracked components.
- Able to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Able to setup and run CNC Vertical/Horizontal mills. (Fadal VMC/Cincinnati HMC)
- Able to setup and run manual horizontal mill (Devlieg)
- Able to troubleshoot part quality issues and adjust tooling offsets/cutter compensation.
- Aptitude to learn other machine centers.
- Able to read shop schedule and prioritize work to be performed.
- Able to move parts via four-wheel cart, 2-wheel cart, fork-lift, or pallet jack to appropriate area (machining center or stock room).
- Able to use basic hand tools. (Allen wrenches, dead blow hammer, crescent wrench, torx wrenches)
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds from the floor to waist level for general parts
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Able to work with limited Supervision
- Safety Minded/awareness.
- Highschool diploma or equivalent.
- Associates degree in a related Trade (Manufacturing Technology/Metrology).
- Willing to train a qualified individual, meaning individual already possesses a strong aptitude for inspection/CNC machine setup/operation.
- 2 years in an Industrial environment (related electrical trade)
- Demonstrated work history of Inspection/CNC – Manual machine setup and operation.
- Lift and/move/handle 50 pounds.
- Use of PC (Email, inspection reports, excel, word)
- Read, write inspection data, and markup blueprints.
- Occasionally lift heavier weight.
- Regular use of eye/hand coordination.
- Frequently stand, stoop, or kneel up to 10 hours.
- Work off a lift or ladder.
- Frequently walk.
Meet Your Recruiter
Year Started: 2020
I wanted to be an elementary school art teacher when I grew up.
“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.” – Mother Theresa
What do you enjoy most about your work?
I enjoy matching the right people with the best opportunities.