Lead Installation Technician
Rockford, IL 61109 US
Responsible for the successful and efficient installation of safeguarding equipment within a customer’ s manufacturing environment while meeting quality, budget, and service requirements.
RESPONSIBILITIES: ▪ Plan, implement and execute turnkey safety integration projects.
▪ Assess the scope of work for installation project and conduct an onsite review with customer to ensure understanding of project requirements and needs.
▪ Identify any applicable safety procedures, policies, equipment and personal protective equipment needs with customer representative(s) and ensure all assigned installation technicians have knowledge of safety requirements at each customer site.
▪ Coordinate travel and lodging arrangements for installation team (if applicable).
▪ Travel to customer facilities for extended periods to complete installation work.
▪ Review overall job details with assigned installation technician(s) to determine workflow of project and assign tasks.
▪ Direct the work activities and monitor performance of other on-site employees assigned to installation projects and provide additional guidance and assistance as needed.
▪ Apply electrical and mechanical abilities to troubleshoot installations.
▪ Identify and deactivate active power sources and install electrical controls, switches and machine guarding.
▪ Supervise the overall installation and provides status updates or concerns to management.
▪ Ensure all applicable safety protocols are being followed and equipment/tools are being used properly by installation team and report any concerns or issues to supervisor.
▪ Collaborate as needed with project team and other internal staff to ensure the successful completion of project while meeting company goals and objectives.
▪ Complete the installation process to meet customer’ s expectations of on-time installations and budget requirements.
▪ Ensure accuracy of all installation items required for projects by conducting quality control checks upon completion of installation project.
▪ Execute final walkthrough with customer representatives upon completion of installation project and obtain final approvals.
▪ Effectively communicate and conduct training activities for newly installed safeguarding solutions with designated customer personnel.
▪ Ensure worksite has been properly cleaned and all tools have been packed for proper return by completing inventory of return shipment.
▪ Provide customer with instructions and materials to ensure the return of any tools/equipment.
▪ Contribute to “ Continuous Improvement” of processes.
▪ Complete, maintain, and process paperwork, reports or records as required in a timely manner.▪ Present installation questions or concerns and follow up as needed.
▪ Report and receive authority for customer-requested modifications.
▪ Provide job summary/status report on a weekly basis and upon completion of project.
▪ Conduct facility/vehicle maintenance/special projects as assigned when “ in-house”
▪ Provide post job reporting including job costing, machine modification and expense reports.
▪ Other duties and functions as needed to meet business demands.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS NEEDED: ▪ Able to demonstrate strong project management skills and abilities.
▪ Have knowledge and understanding of applicable safety standards (OSHA, ANSI, CSA, EN, etc.)
▪ Adept at identifying, managing and resolving problems in an efficient manner.
▪ Strong electrical and mechanical aptitude with the ability to read and understand both electrical schematics and mechanical drawings.
▪ Professional, personable, self- motivated, assertive, persistent, and dependable.
▪ Ability to work independently and with a team.
▪ Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
▪ Resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
▪ Drives results and shows confidence in decisions made.
REQUIREMENTS: ▪ Ability to travel extensively to projects (approximately 90% travel)
▪ A minimum of 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment with responsibilities for machinery and accessory installations.
▪ Previous experience working with safeguarding products and the application of safeguarding products; preferred.
▪ High School Diploma or GED
▪ Certifications: EHS Certificates, OSHA training class; preferred.
▪ Must possess a valid driver’ s license and excellent driving record
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
For more information, please call Melissa @ 815-997-1442
Meet Your Recruiter
Year Started: 2020
I wanted to be an elementary school art teacher when I grew up.
“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.” – Mother Theresa
What do you enjoy most about your work?
I enjoy matching the right people with the best opportunities.